Thursday, January 20, 2011

National Cheese Lover's Day

Mmm cheese is like comfort food to me - Anytime I have a craving, cheese does it. There are endless possibilities for cheese since it's usually used an ingredient but it's just as delicious when eaten straight off a block.

Here are just a FEW of my cheesy favorites: 

Pepperjack - Straight up


Mac and cheese - From Velveeta to Gourmet, any of it is good as long as it's not powdered cheese. Gross.


Chile con Queso - Come on, I live in Texas and it's good on everything!


Fried cheese - These are actually Spanky's fried cheese (Lubbock, TX) And they are the biggest, thickest, and gooeyest fried cheese you'll ever eat!


Cheesecake - Definitely used as an ingredient but this dessert can't be left off this list! Plain, with a topping, or with a swirl of flavor...doesn't matter!


Last but not least, Cheetos - This is my favorite chip and by far one of my favorite snacks of all time. It reminds me of my childhood but I still want them with every sandwich I have - I act as if they are going to stop producing them :o)





Go treat yourself to some cheese today! And if you can't eat it or don't like cheese - You're missing out, no matter what you may think  :o)

0 comments: